Saturday: hit-or-miss storms may still bring locally-heavy rain

National Weather Service forecast graphic

Showers will continue on our Saturday evening, but nothing heavy is anticipated in the near future. Storms will gradually diminish once we reach sunset Sunday evening.

Another round of storms will move across the state Sunday night through Monday morning bringing potential for heavy rain!

We start off with mostly cloudy skies across the Mid-South, with temps warming up to 84°; heat index: 87°. By the middle part of the afternoon, spotty showers or storms are possible from the Dallas-Fort Worth area and to the east. Coverage from these storms will not be high (20 to 40 percent), and the severe threat is low. Afternoon rain chances will be around 50-60% through Thursday, but the overnights should be mostly dry except for a few isolated showers.

Today: Partly cloudy, humid.

Rain chances remain high Tuesday but a ridge of high pressure building strength over North America and the upper air flow will shift and frontal boundaries will remain well north of the area.

Right now the hurricane center is giving the complex of storms an 80% of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours as it moves off to the W/NW towards the east coast of America and runs into a more favorable environment to strengthen. Wind: SE 5-10. High: 87.

"Saturday's chance of rain is highest near USA 278 and lowest in Southern Tennessee; these storms may be heavy enough to deliver 1-2" of rainfall in a few spots, but that kind of rain looks sparse.

Tue: High: 90 Partly cloudy with scattered storms evening/overnight.

Related News:

  • Alvaro Morata scores his first goal for Chelsea in defeat to Burnley

    I don't like this type of idea, someone sending a message. "It's a big win for us because they're a fine side". In the next game I'm not sure whether Pedro is ready but for sure we'll have (the other) two players.
    ASEAN, Japan, China, South Korea agree to bolster financial cooperation

    ASEAN, Japan, China, South Korea agree to bolster financial cooperation

    Should those talks occur, they would be the first military-to-military dialogue in three years. Those capabilities are already a threat to neighbors and USA allies South Korea and Japan.
    Sanchez to miss Arsenal's EPL opener against Leicester

    Sanchez to miss Arsenal's EPL opener against Leicester

    But do I feel sorry for Chelsea because they don't have enough players? No'. Wenger added: "For us Alexis Sanchez is a loss, of course".
  • Giroud settles seven-goal thriller for Arsenal

    Giroud settles seven-goal thriller for Arsenal

    The lead was short lived as Shinji Okazaki restored parity via his head only minutes later and Jamie Vardy slid in to score just before the half-hour mark.
    Guam residents stoic in the face of North Korean missile threat

    Guam residents stoic in the face of North Korean missile threat

    Even if the launch is intercepted, however, the ensuing consequences could be devastating. Meanwhile, US-South Korean joint military exercises are due to begin later this month.
    Fresh Game of Thrones trailer teases a major revelation

    Fresh Game of Thrones trailer teases a major revelation

    But one good thing is that most of the gold from the war has been shipped to King's Landing and can be returned to the Iron Bank. Daenerys ( Emilia Clarke ) attempts to turn her enemies into allies on the upcoming episode of " Game of Thrones " season 7.
  • Trump to call for China IT trade probe on Monday

    Any investigation that may be launched could take as long as a year to conclude, a third official said. Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer took issue with that assessment.

    Tech companies lead worst day for stock market since May

    The S&P 500 added 3.11 points, or 0.1%, to 2441.32, ending the week down 1.4%, its biggest loss since March. The Swiss franc was on track for its biggest single-day rise against the euro in more than 2 1/2 years.

    3 Entertaining Ways to Improve Your Business Skills over the Coming Weeks

    In both games and business meetings you may feel everything from frustration to elation, but the trick is to keep is all hidden. Play Poker While millions of people around the world may play poker solely for fun, you can also play to up your business game.
  • Scaramucci: Trump Has to 'Move Away' from 'Bannon-Bart Nonsense'

    Scaramucci: Trump Has to 'Move Away' from 'Bannon-Bart Nonsense'

    He has got to move more to the mainstream He has to be where the moderates and independents are that love the president. SCARAMUCCI: Well, I think Alex [Castellanos] mentioned one of the reasons why he doesn't like doing that.
    Iranian parliament approves anti-US bill

    Iranian parliament approves anti-US bill

    The measure comes in retaliation to new USA sanctions on Iran over its ballistic-missile program and missile tests. Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi also voiced approval of Rouhani's administration for the bill.
    Tech companies lead broad slide in United States  stocks; oil rises

    Tech companies lead broad slide in United States stocks; oil rises

    The Nasdaq finished the day at 6,216.87, a slide of 135.46, while the S&P 500 lost almost 1.5 percent, ending the day at 2,438.21. The dollar-denominated RTS index was down 1.5 percent at 1,013 points as of 0834 GMT, taking its year-to-date loss to 12 percent.


Most liked

Rising trend of casino apps
For those who are looking for a specific game, Cherry Rush also includes a description of what games can be found each site. It used to be that if someone wanted to play a casino game they had to find a land based venue.

Just in: PHOTO: Buhari meets members of his media team in London
Is there a cabal preventing him from returning or holding Nigeria hostage as it was during the Yar'adua administration? The minister said the President exchanged banters with his aides and has not lost his sense of humour.

Shares hit by US-North Korea tensions
The pan-European Stoxx 600 ended over 1% lower to a five-month low with nearly all sectors in negative territory. The S&P 500 added 3.11 points, or 0.1%, to 2441.32, ending the week down 1.4%, its biggest loss since March.

Nepal: 33 people dead, 4 missing due to floods and landslide
The Meteorological Forecasting Division has forecast moderate to heavy rains to continue across the country for the next few days. Almost 8300 police and army personnel have been deployed to carry out rescue and relief operations.

At Least One Dead in Violent Protest in Virginia
A suspect, identified as 20-year-old James Fields from OH , has been detained on suspicion of second-degree murder. During a press conference after the clashes , McAuliffe confirmed that three people have been killed in the city.

North Korea: US diplomacy is gaining results, says Mattis
Moon is likely to highlight his policy on North Korea on the holiday, the only one the two Koreas share. Security Council's statement that Pyongyang poses a global security threat.

Fired engineer James Damore: Google is 'almost like a cult' (GOOG)
Ads criticizing Google over firing James Damore have been plastered on benches and bus stops near the company's office in Venice. There may, indeed, be biological differences between the sexes that keep women from excelling in engineering and other sciences.

Kuldeep Yadav roped in as India opt to bat : Pallekele Test
India's lower order led by Hardik Pandya and Wriddhiman Saha will have to soak the pressure and put some runs on the board. Ravichandran Ashwin (31) looked compact but became leftarm seamer Vishwa Fernando's scalp at the fag end of the day.

Karan Johar unveils Dulquer Salmaan's Solo teaser
Reports also suggest that this upcoming film will also feature popular Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan and actress Mithali Palkar. On Saturday, filmmaker Karan Johar took to Twitter to unveil the first look teaser Solo starring Dulquer in the lead.

Pearson into 100m hurdles final
Farah, who won the 10,000m once again last weekend, dug in to finish 0.43secs behind new world champion Edris, while Paul Chelimo of the United States claimed bronze.

Sanchez to miss start of the season
With Giroud replacing Holding, Wenger switched the formation from a 3-4-2-1 to a 4-4-2 with Giroud and Lacazette up front. They've spent big on some quality additions to the squad but are looking increasingly likely to lose Riyad Mahrez .

Gold spirals on brewing tension between US, NK
President insists on ramping up the war of words, there is a decreasing chance of any diplomatic solution", Carnell said. Risk sentiment soured in the financial markets to drive US Treasury yields down and in turn weigh on the dollar.

North Korea tensions are set to cause a stir on Wall Street
Many markets had already been at record or multi-year highs after an extended rally, leaving them vulnerable to a sell-off. Ongoing global glut concerns lingered in oil markets despite a bigger-than-expected draw in USA crude inventories.

FTSE 100 takes cover from war of words over South Korea
The broad-based S&P 500 shed 0.6 percent to 2,459.50, while the tech-rich Nasdaq Composite Index tumbled 0.8 percent to 6,299.12. The market was waiting f or USA consumer inflation data on Friday that would offer more clues about future Fed decisions.

Can the Twins top the Tigers again? MLB Predictions 8/12/17
Detroit doesn't have the bullpen to back him up while Berrios has still shown his ability to shut down lineups in recent starts. Joe Mauer cleared the bases with a double to get the Twins on the board and Eddie Rosario crushed a game-tying homer.