LSU police to charge ten people in death of fraternity pledge

Gruver's death has been ruled an accident.

Last week, police investigators said they found Gruver had died after playing a game that fraternity members called Bible Study, in which pledges are quizzed about the fraternity and are ordered to drink if they give the wrong answers.

A freshman fraternity pledge at Louisiana State University who died last month was intoxicated six times over the state's legal limit, a medical examiner said Wednesday.

Nearly all of the suspects identified by LSU - a group that includes eight current students and mostly active frat members - will be booked on the misdemeanor charge of hazing. One faces an additional charge of negligent homicide.

One suspect, Matthew Naquin, is charged with negligent homicide, which could carry a five-year prison sentence.

The East Baton Rouge Coroner's Office said student Maxwell Gruver had a blood alcohol level of.495 at the time of his death.

Arcus Capital Partners LLC Decreases Stake in American Airlines Group Inc (AAL)
Now we see the performance from the period beginning the first day of the current calendar or fiscal year up to the current date. Prudential Public Limited Liability reported 0.02% of its portfolio in American Airlines Group Inc (NASDAQ: AAL ).

Gruver died at a hospital after Phi Delta Theta members found him lying on a couch at the fraternity house and couldn't tell if he was breathing.

"The LSU Police Department has communicated with the Gruver family throughout the investigation process, and the university has also been in touch with them regarding today's arrests", Ballard said Wednesday in a statement.

Gruver and other Phi Delta Theta pledges received a group text message September 13 that "Bible Study" would take place that night at 10 p.m.at the chapter house, an exercise where pledges were asked questions about the fraternity and forced to drink if they answered incorrectly, according to an LSU Police search warrant filed in court last week.

The death has unfolded in the midst of an increased scrutiny on drinking behavior and fraternity culture on college campuses that has been prompted by a few high-profile hazing deaths.

A coroner said hospital tests found a "highly elevated" blood-alcohol level in Gruver's body. According to a report in the school's student newspaper, The Daily Reveille, the chapter had been suspended a year earlier as the university investigated a previous complaint about hazing.

LSU police said that several other interviews of witnesses "indicated that the pledges were forced to drink in excess".

Related News:

• Dem Rep. Al Green introduces articles of impeachment against Trump, forcing vote

Dem Rep. Al Green introduces articles of impeachment against Trump, forcing vote

While Green's actions won't lead to an immediate impeachment of the President, it is yet another step in that direction. Green's resolution is considered "privileged" by the House, meaning it has to be considered by the end of the week.
    International Monetary Fund  doubles 2017 economic growth forecast for Turkey

International Monetary Fund doubles 2017 economic growth forecast for Turkey

Although the U.S. and United Kingdom aren't the slowest-growing advanced economies, the direction of forecasts are problematic. Meanwhile, Canadian GDP is forecast to expand by 3% this year as, among other things, oil prices rise.
    Bets for upcoming Southampton vs Arsenal fight

Neither Arsene Wenger nor his players could afford themselves to lose another match if they still want to be in the top four. Arsenal is still keeping the dream to be qualified in Champions League after the victory over Manchester on Sunday.
  • Trump Won't Get Royal Welcome During UK Visit

Trump Won't Get Royal Welcome During UK Visit

The Foreign Office said a State Visit, which is seen by MPs as being on indefinite hold, would go ahead at some stage. If Trump's trip is a working visit, he will likely stay at the US ambassador's residence, according to the Standard.

California unveils new regulations to allow autonomous cars without driver

The release of the revised regulations on Wednesday marks the start of a 15-day comment period from the public. Since 2014 , California has let companies test driverless vehicles with a driver behind the steering wheel.
    Rising trend of casino apps

Rising trend of casino apps

For those who are looking for a specific game, Cherry Rush also includes a description of what games can be found each site. It used to be that if someone wanted to play a casino game they had to find a land based venue.
  • Jerry Jones reportedly made anthem statements to take on 'bad guy' role

Jerry Jones reportedly made anthem statements to take on 'bad guy' role

The popular sports host has unloaded his issues with the Dallas Cowboys for punishing players over protesting the National Anthem. Unlike the National Basketball Association , the NFL does not now have a rule that requires players to stand for the anthem.
    Officer Plans To Appeal Firing In Nurse Arrest

Wubbels' attorney, Karra Porter, said the detective's termination is not a surprise to anyone who watched the body cam footage. They questioned why the police department took action against Payne only after the bodycam footage was released to the public.
    'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Trailer Unveiled At Soldier Field

Just watched the new trailer of The Last Jedi and my mom looks more handsome than ever. It's been nearly one year since the world mourned the death of Carrie Fisher .
  • Ronan Farrow says his Harvey Weinstein investigation could have aired on NBC

Ronan Farrow says his Harvey Weinstein investigation could have aired on NBC

Oppenheim said that NBC didn't feel the story as presented by Farrow this summer had all the elements needed for airing. After Farrow took the story to The New Yorker , Oppenheim said he "greatly expanded" his reporting.
    Facebook, Instagram down in parts of US & Europe

The blackouts affected clients not just in the U.S.be that as it may, Greece, the UK, Poland and other European nations. Outage Report's map highlights the East and West coasts of the US and Europe as the most affected areas of the outage.
    Nick Kyrgios walks off court after losing first set at Shanghai Open

His shoulder had also started to hurt that day while practicing. "It felt like Atlanta in August". No. 1 seed Nadal defeated the Australian with a 6-2 6-1 score to lift the Beijing title.

Most liked

LeBron James in Jeopardy of Missing Opening Night vs. Celtics
It would be a fairly large upset if James were to miss the season opener, as he's never missed one in 14 seasons. Cleveland finishes its preseason schedule with a game against the Orlando Magic on Friday night, with J.R.

Day One testimony continues in Jessica Chambers murder trial
As in the Chambers case, it is alleged he knew the victim before her death. "But Jessica was set on fire". She said her daughter took a nap mid-day on December, until being awakened by a call or text.

Hurricane Ophelia could slam into Europe early next week
The storm has maximum sustained winds of 50 miles per hour (85 kph) and is moving southeast at about 5 miles per hour (7 kph). An 18Z Tuesday run of the GFS model shows the storm hitting the south west coast at around midnight on Tuesday October 17.

The Overwatch Halloween Terror event is alive, IT'S ALIVE!
Some of these items include special legendary skins like Corsair Ana, Van Helsing McCree, Dragon Symmetra, and Cultist Zenyatta. In addition to Soldier 76, Mcree, Hanzo and Ana, players can now choose Genji, Torbjorn, Widowmaker and Zenyatta.

Boy Scouts of America announces it will allow girls to join
BSA at the time pushed back against such claims, explaining they'd always been discussing introducing girls into the program. The decision, made by the organization's board of directors, was reportedly unanimous.

China protests at United States warship's violation
A USA official said the destroyer USS Chafee sailed near the Paracel Islands on Tuesday, coming within 16 nautical miles of land. Twelve nautical miles mark internationally recognized territorial limits.

Korean lawmaker says N. Korea hacked war plans
Air Force B-1B bombers were joined by two F-15K fighters from the South Korean military after leaving their base in Guam. Guam, from where the B-1 bombers in Tuesday drills departed, has been a particular target of North Korean threats.

ON Semiconductor Corporation (ON) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Brokerages
California State Teachers Retirement Sys stated it has 0.02% of its portfolio in Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:CY). By taking a look at the stock's current statistics it can gauged that the stock candle is BEARISH with MEDIUM volatility.

Third Frisco resident infected with West Nile virus
Charity Dean said in a statement. "Mosquito season in OH lasts until the first freeze which is not usually until mid-October". The Ohio Department of Health is reporting a total of 22 human cases of West Nile virus across the state.

Coach Inc. Is Becoming 'Tapestry'
Tapestry has been around for 76 years, owning more brands than simply Coach , including Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman . Then there's the routinely maligned Tronc, the new name for the newspaper publisher that used to be called Tribune.

Traders move Supreme Court for modification of order banning firecrackers sale
Diwali is on October 19 and the order effectively means that no firecrackers will be available for purchase before the festival. The order does not prevent people from bursting crackers, but deals a blow to those engaged in their manufacturing and sale.

Murray to feature at Australian Open, claims tournament director
Serena holds the Open Era record for Grand Slams , 23, while Australia's Margaret Court holds the all-time record with 24.

United Nations bans 4 ships from global ports for violating N Korea sanctions
According to estimates, North Korea exports about $ 3 billion annually, the sanctions may trim $ 1 billion from this trade. According to the MarineTraffic website, the first three fly the flags of Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and North Korea.

Texas Tech Student Charged With Killing Officer
Atallah was at the Rec Center on campus when the shooting happened. "Our prayers are for this officer's loved ones". The suspect was taken into custody at 9:28 p.m. according to officials with the Lubbock County Sheriff's Office.

3 Entertaining Ways to Improve Your Business Skills over the Coming Weeks
In both games and business meetings you may feel everything from frustration to elation, but the trick is to keep is all hidden. Play Poker While millions of people around the world may play poker solely for fun, you can also play to up your business game.